The Central Stickney Volunteer Fire Department was founded in 1945 with the first Fire Station built the same year. The district protected the unincorporated Cook County area known as Central Stickney, Which included an 8 block by 4 block residential area, the industrial area between Interstate 55 and 51st street, and Central Ave to Harlem Ave. The one story, two-bay firehouse was built on the Corner of 50th and Lotus and served the community until the present station was built in 1971. The first Engine was purchased used from the Summit Fire Department in 1945.
Live Scanner Audio